Almond Butter Flapjacks
October 4th, 2019
These chewy, chocolatey flapjacks make the perfect evening snack or dessert thanks to their sleep-friendly ingredients. Oats, almonds, cacao and dark chocolate are all good sources of magnesium, which helps promote sleep. Oats and almonds contain tryptophan, which may help encourage the production of melatonin and can support with relaxing you and helping you to get to sleep quicker.
125g almond butter
4 tbsp cacao powder
75g coconut oil
50g dark chocolate
1 tbsp chopped almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Line an 8x8” tin with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the oats and cacao powder.
3. Add the almond butter, honey and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted.
4. Add the almond butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir well until evenly mixed.
5. Press the mixture in to the tin, pressing down well with the back of a spoon.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the side.
8. Once cool, melt the dark chocolate and drizzle on the top of the flapjacks.
9. Sprinkle over the chopped almonds and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
10. Slice in to squares and serve.