Sealy UK are committed to sustainable development as a guiding principle, and concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment.
Our aim is to reduce the negative impact on the environment from our operations, and where possible to increase our positive impact by:
- Assessing our environmental aspects and impacts and set objectives and targets to improve our environmental performance
- Reducing the use of energy, and where possible use renewables
- Minimising waste by removal, reduction, re-use and recycling methods
- Pursuing a ‘zero-to-landfill’ policy for waste materials leaving site
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation/regulations
- Not prioritising funding needs ahead of sustainability requirements
- Providing appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy
- Promoting and encouraging involvement in local environmental initiatives/schemes
- Promoting our responsibility for the environment within the organisation and communicating and implementing this policy at all levels within the workforce
Where practical, products are designed in such a way as to minimise their environmental impacts at all stages of their life cycle. Consideration will always be given to the environmental impacts of our raw materials sourcing and wherever possible we will use materials and components that are renewable and that can be recycled.
Our ESMS system provides for the setting and publication of our objectives and targets and it is our aim to secure a continual improvement in environmental performance.
The Board of Directors and Senior Managers are committed to the implementation of this policy and will give full backing to all those authorised to carry it out.